- October 15, 2012
- October 17, 2012 5:03:38 AM
- Systems Affected:
- Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
W32.Flamer.B is a worm that spreads through removable drives. It also opens a back door and may steal information from the compromised computer.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version October 15, 2012 revision 009
- Latest Rapid Release version October 15, 2012 revision 009
- Initial Daily Certified version October 15, 2012 revision 017
- Latest Daily Certified version October 15, 2012 revision 017
- Initial Weekly Certified release date October 17, 2012
- Wild Level: Low
- Number of Infections: 0 – 49
- Number of Sites: 0 – 2
- Geographical Distribution: Low
- Threat Containment: Easy
- Removal: Easy
- Damage Level: Medium
- Payload: Opens a back door on the compromised computer.
- Releases Confidential Info: Steals information from the compromised computer.
- Distribution Level: Medium
- Target of Infection: Spreads through removable drives.